The relationship between a husband and wife is beautiful, fulfilling and tranquil. It is a companionship, the yearning of which has been placed in every human heart by Allah Himself. The Qur’an speaks highly of this relationship, which shows us its importance.
What Quran says about husband and wife relationships?
– “And one of His signs is that He has created for you, spouses from among yourselves so that you might take comfort in them and He has placed between you, love and mercy. In this, there is surely evidence (of the truth) for the people who carefully think.”
– “and He has placed between you, love and mercy.”
– “They (your wives) are a clothing (covering) for you, and you too are a clothing (covering) for them”
– “Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth…”
- “It is He who created you from one soul and created from its mate that he might dwell in security with her. And when he covers her, she carries a light burden and continues therein. And when it becomes dark, they both invoke Allah, their Lord,If You should give us a good [child], we will surely be among the grateful”
- “Our Lord! Grant us from our wives and our descendants’ coolness of the eyes and make us an example for the people of piety.”
How husband and wife can maintain a healthy marriage?
Communicate with each other
Do not assume that your spouse knows exactly how you feel. This assumption leads to distance. You must communicate with one another to maintain a healthy marriage.
Fulfill each other’s rights
Allah has given your spouse many rights over you. Make sure you don’t deprive them of this, even if you’ve been together for decades.
Know your duties
Often, people are so consumed with reading about their rights, that they completely forget about their duties.
Shower them with gifts
Everyone likes a surprise gift, so does your spouse. Don’t hold yourself back from showering them with some!
Make little efforts
As husband and wife, you don’t have to move mountains to maintain a healthy marriage. Small gestures are enough.
One of the most amazing things about the Prophet (peace be upon him) as a husband was that he never shied away from expressing his love towards his wives. What prevents you from following his Sunnah?
Patience, patience, patience
Husband and wife will inevitably experience differences of opinion at some point of time. Deal with them with patience.
Dress up for one another
We look best when we go out and mostly look our worst when home. Dress up for your spouse, put on some perfume, groom yourself properly. Don’t let the spark die after the honeymoon phase is over.
Pray Salah in congregation, read the Quran together, encourage each other to excel in Ibaadah and Allah will bless your marriage.
Also Read: Which Quranic Surah is for depression?
Download the Quran Majeed App